*Have you thought about a world where everything is exactly the same...
*Except you don't exist?
This AU has no further presence online than this page.
For information to establish this AU's online presence, see the Template AU Page.
Tales of the Sun is a crossover AU of Undertale taking place in the post-classic period of Mexico, set in the Aztec empire, in which all the main characters as well as some minor characters are replaced by Aztec gods.
- Frisk: they're a kid from the city of Tenochtitlan, the capital of the Aztec empire. They remain gender-neutral; their name is Yaotl (warrior, defender).
- Toriel: she's replaced by Quetzalcoatl, the god of wind, air and learning.
- Sans: he's replaced by Huehuecoyotl, the prankster god able to manipulate fate.
- Papyrus: he's replaced by Xolotl, god of lightning, death, twins and deformities.
- Undyne: she's replaced by Huitzilopochtli, the god of human sacrifice, war and the sun.
- Alphys/Mettaton: Itzpapalotl, the skeletal warrior goddess, plays both their roles.
- Asgore: he's replaced by Tezcatlipoca, the god of night, magic, slaves, rulership, among many others.
- Asriel: he's replaced by the sun god, Tonatiuh.
- Flowey: he's Tonatiuh turned into a flower by the gods and forgotten by them, known as Tecoxochitl (Charcoal Flower).
- Napstablook: they're replaced by Xochiquetzal, goddess of fertility and beauty and the protector of young mothers.
- Monster Kid: they're replaced by Painal, a god who served as the representative and deputy of Huitzilopochtli.
- River Person: they're replaced by Mictlantecutli, god of the dead and the king of Mictlan (the underworld).
- Mad Dummy: they're replaced by Centeotl, the maize deity.
- Muffet: she's replaced by Xochipilli, the god of art, games, dance, flowers and songs.
- Amalgamates: they're replaced by Tzitzimimeh, star demons that threatened to devour people during solar eclipses.
All locations in the original Underground are part of one massive cave resembling Waterfall, with several worn down structures scattered about.
The soundtrack can be listened to here (still a very early WIP).