* MY MY, THIS IS THE SADDEST DISPLAY I'VE EVER SEEN, DARLING!
* THIS ARTICLE IS NOT UP TO THE
This article contains art that has not been correctly credited. Credit the original creator of the piece or face having them removed.
“Monofell, at its purest form, is a story about self-realization and individuality among its cast.
In plain English, that basically means that it’s a story about change, both with yourself as a person and how you express yourself.”
-PC Doodle (creator of MonoFell)Despite having Fell at the end of the name, Monofell is unrelated to Underfell, and is actually more about the cast of Undertale facing inner struggles. There are slight plot changes, and a well thought out color theory to go with this AU.
Warning: This AU contains mention of suicide and death.
Undyne is the current overseer of the Underground and was pressured to rule as the new Queen by other monsters when both Asgore and Toriel disappeared–but she instead appointed herself head of the Royal Guard and is simply filling in until they return. Asgore is missing, secretly sealed behind a door in the core while this is happening, leaving undyne to take the human souls.
The plot is much better explained here.
The characters in Monofell are quite different from their original counterparts. They seem to have more drastic personalities, and have a harder time trying to understand themselves.
- Alphys (Aka Alpha) - Royal Scientist appointed by Asgore. Feels worthless, like she's failed at everything, despite trying her best. She often has suicidal thoughts.
- Undyne (aka Beta) - Head of the Royal guard. Feels powerless, as if she can't seem to do anything right. She tries her best, only to have it seemingly thrown back at her.
- Papyrus(aka Dove) - Lieutenant to Undyne. Feels helpless, since he's tried his best to be the perfect brother, and the perfect Lieutenant, only to be left alone in the end.
- Toriel (aka Lily) - Guardian of the Ruins and ex-Queen of the Underground.
- Sans (aka Mono) - Sentry in Snowdin. At the beginning of the main story, has gone missing. Feels hopeless after being tormented by Chara for the equivalent of years and has severe PTSD.
- Gaster (aka Void) - Ex Royal Scientist. Creator of Sans and Papyrus.
- Chara - The first fallen human.
- Flowey (aka Oreo) - Asriel's resurrected form.
- Asriel - Prince of the Underground.
- Asgore - King of the Underground. Has shut himself off, leaving Undyne in charge of the underground.
- Monsters have colored SOULs like humans do, but with monsters these colors portray different traits entirely. SOULs can also change color. Refer to color theory.
- Many main characters have socioemotional issues that were either smaller or not present in Undertale.
- Cut characters such as Doge and Royal Guards 03 and 04 will make appearances in the main comic.
The creator of this au has plenty of story and designs planned at the moment, so here are the links they have provided to give you access to them.